Matthew Meek 1
- Born: 1797, Antrim, Ireland
- Marriage (1): Maria Ewart
- Died: 5 Jan 1874, Ontario, Canada at age 77
- Buried: Willis Cemetery, [North] Lunenburg, Osnabruck Twp (South Stormont), Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry, Ontario, Canada
From Find A Grave:
Matthew Meek, and his wife Maria. Their gravestone is beside their son William Meek in the Willis Cemetery, North Lunenburg. Matthew's death record gives his age as 77, and the given age on his headstone is 75.
Matthew Meek was born in County Antrim, Northern Ireland, and died in Roxborough Township, Stormont County, Ontario, Canada. Matthew and his wife Maria Ewart arrived in Canada about 1825, and farmed in the Second Concession of Roxborough Township, Stormont County, Ontario where they raised a family of three sons and three daughters.
Children all born in Roxborough Township, Stormont County, as follows:
- WILLIAM Meek (1827 - 6 Sept. 1878). Married to Hannah Elizabeth Hough, and second, to Mary Margaret Grant (1838-1888). Burial: Willis Cemetery, North Lunenburg. 109077531.
- THOMAS Meek born 1830, married to Theresa Runions on 16 April 1862. Thomas and Theresa died after 1893 - Deed of Land dated 13 Dec. 1893 transferring land in Roxborough Twp. from Thomas and Theresa (their signatures) to their son Edmund, witnessed by their son James Uriah Meek (James Meek is living in Massena, New York.) 165897539.
- JOHN Meek (1832-1912). Married to Susan Martha Poapst (1840-1921). Burial: Paul's Hill Cemetery. 155554847.
- MARY JANE Meek (1834-1861). Married to William Edgar Doran (1831-1900). One child: Maria Matilda Doran (1860-1908), raised by her Aunt Agnes Meek Wert after the death of her Mother. 167265144.
- AGNES Meek (1841-19111). Married to Heman George Wert. Burial: Paul's Hill Cemetery. 157096178.
- MATILDA Meek (13 Aug. 1845 - 16 Sept. 1918). Married about 1863 to James Jeremiah Fickes (Fyckes) (1838-1918). Burial: Moulinette United Church Cemetery, A Lost Villages Cemetery. Gravestone moved to St. Lawrence Valley Cemetery, Long Sault. 158159825.
He may have been born in 1799. Matthew's death record gives his age as 77, and the given age on his headstone is 75.
Matthew married Maria Ewart. (Maria Ewart was born in 1799 in Antrim, Ireland, died on 6 Sep 1885 and was buried in Willis Cemetery, [North] Lunenburg, Osnabruck Twp (South Stormont), Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry, Ontario, Canada.)