Aron ap Ednyfed of Llangelynin, Talybont 1 2
- Born: <Llangelynin, Talybont, Merionethshire, Wales>
- Marriage (1): Gwenllian verch Gruffydd Ddu ap Ievan of Llanvendigaild, Llangelynin
- Died: Bef 1397, <Llangelynin, Talybont, Merionethshire, Wales>
Another name for Aron was Aron ab Ednyfed of Peniarth.
From Reifsnyder-Gillam Ancestry, pp. 38-39:
"III ARON AP EDNYFED, of the parish of Llangelynin, Talybont, lived in the reign of Edward III. He probably died before 1397, and is mentioned, 7 Henry V (1419) (then deceased), as father to Griffith ap Aron and others, who were then heirs to a Wele of free land in Talybont which had belonged to Llewelyn ap Tudor, grandfather to this Aron ap Ednyfed.
"He married Gwenllian, daughter and co-heiress of Gwffydd Ddu ap Ievan ap Einion, of the township of Llanvendigaid, Llangelynin.
1. Ednyfed ap Aron; of whom presently.
2. Einion ap Aron, living of Henry V (1419).
3. Griffith ap Aron, of Peniarth, Talybont. Among the records at Peniarth is an original roll containing memoranda of lands in the ville of Peniarth and elsewhere in the neighborhood, taken 'in Prida' (pledge or mortgage), by this Griffith (or Gruffydd) ap Aron (1416). He was alive 2 November, 9 Henry VI (1430). There is an elegy upon him by Lewis Glyn Cothi."
History of Princes, Lords Marcher, Vol. 5, p. 102 has "Aron ab Ednyfed of Peniarth" (same individual).
Aron married Gwenllian verch Gruffydd Ddu ap Ievan of Llanvendigaild, Llangelynin, daughter of Gruffydd Ddű ap Ievan of Llanvendigaild, Llangelynin and Unknown.