William Slade [Jr.] 1 2
- Born: Abt 1663, Baltimore Co., Maryland, (United States)
- Marriage (1): Elizabeth
- Died: Abt May 1731, Baltimore Co., Maryland, (United States) about age 68
- Buried: Bef 19 May 1731, Anne Arundel, Maryland, (United States)
From http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=nlndgrn&id=I53113 :
Jackson, James, Balto. Co.,-- --- ----; 21st May, 1698.
To sons James and John and hrs., "Jackson's Chance."
" dau. Eliza: and hrs., "Vast Thicket" on Hunting Ridge. In event of her death before marriage sd. land to pass to 2 sons afsd.
" wife Martha and child, afsd., personalty equally.
Exs. and guardians of child., Wm. Slade, Wm. Cromwell.
Test: Jno. Christian, Jno. Browne, Henry Wiyat, Eliza: Ashman. 6. 78.
Slade, William, Baltimore Co.,2nd April, 1726; 19th May, 1731.
To son Josias and hrs., 300 A. "Courtice (Curtis') Neck"; he dying without issue, to son William and hrs.; and personalty.
" son William and hrs., 200 A. "Winslows Range";
Shd. both afsd. sons die without issue, sd. tracts to pass to hr. at law; and personalty.
Extx. enjoined to see that no tenant of "Winslow's Range," during minority of son William, be permitted to clear beyond main road.
To son Thomas and hrs., 238 A. "Slades Camp"; he dying without issue, to pass to hr. at law.
" son Ezekiell, £30 to purchase land.
" daus. Elizabeth Cockey and Mary Buckinham, 10s. each.
" all sons and dau. by present wife Elizabeth, extx., personalty.
" Barzealey Foster, personalty.
Overseer: John Cromwell.
Test: John Brooks, William Houchin, Nicholas Beston. 20, 276.
William Slade16.346 AA £246.3.6 Sep 4 1731 Nov 18 1731
Appraisers: Philip Jones, John Ashman.
Creditors: Mordecai Hammond.
Next of kin: Mary Buckingham.
Executrix: Mrs. Elisabeth Slade.
William Slade12.14 A AA £246.3.6 £64.13.11 Aug 17 1733
Received from: Richard Jacobs, George Miller, Capt. North, Benjamin Whitaker, Thomas Hall, Joseph Jackson, Richard Waldron, William Jones.
Payments to: Peter Galloway, Mordecai Hammond, William Cromwell, Jr., Humphry Merideth.
Executrix: Elisabeth Slade (widow, relict).
This may be the William Slade listed below.
From Inhabitants of Baltimore County 1763-1774, p. 106:
"ASSOCIATION ADDRESS OF 1696
"This is an account in 1696 'of the persons in Maryland who signed the association address to His Sacred Majesty upon the news of the horrible conspiracy against His Royall Person. Signed by the Justices, Grand Jury and Clerk of the Provincial Court and by the Military and Civil Officers of the several counties.' (Source: 1953 Harford County Directory, page 29)
"Signed by these Baltimore County military officers:
Capt. Charles Merriman
Lt. William Slade
Noted events in his life were:
• Acquired: "Curtis' Neck," 300 acres: <Baltimore>, Maryland, (United States). Also know as "Courtice Neck."
• Acquired: "Winslow's Range," 200 acres: <Baltimore>, Maryland, (United States).
• Acquired: "Slades Camp," 238 acres: <Baltimore>, Maryland, (United States).
• Named: co-executor and co-guardian of children in will of James Jackson, 21 May 1698, Baltimore Co., Maryland, (United States).
• Will, 2 Apr 1726, Baltimore Co., Maryland, (United States).
• Probate, 19 May 1731, Baltimore Co., Maryland, (United States).
• Appraisal: of his estate, 4 Sep 1731, Baltimore Co., Maryland, (United States).
William married Elizabeth.