- Born: 23 Jun 1835, Lambourne, Berkshire, England
- Christened: 20 Jul 1835, Lambourne, Berkshire, England
- Marriage (1): Blanche Louisa Bray on 27 Oct 1864 in Napier, Middlesex Co., West Canada (Canada)
- Died: 18 Dec 1912, Birnie, Manitoba, Canada at age 77
- Buried: Dec 1912, Arden Cemetery, Neepawa, Arden, Manitoba, Canada
From: Richard <email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>>
Subject: RE: [ENG-WIL] On the Subject of Wars
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 03:28:03 -0800
"... I concentrate my efforts on another English side of my mother's
family (Blanche Louisa's husband James Large was of Wiltshire stock),
centred on Purton in Wiltshire, for which, along with neighbouring Rodbourne Cheney, I am OPC. I am lucky to have documents that were brought to Canada when the family left Lydiard Millicent for Adelaide township, Middlesex county, Canada West, United Province of the Canadas (the two Canadas were united in 1840 as one of Lord Durham's recommendations for dealing with the French in Lower Canada and any future chance of rebellion in either of the Canadas) by my great-great grandparents William Large (1805-1871) and his wife (and third cousin!) Mary Ann Plummer (1804-1880) dating from the 18th and 19th centuries, including the will of William's rich uncle another William Large (1763-1850), of Purton, which helped to centre my research on the right, principal parish from the outset.
Richard Bray Carruthers, M.A. (Oxon.)
OPC Purton and Rodbourne Cheney, Wilts.
Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA"
Noted events in his life were:
• Confirmation, 14 Oct 1858, St. John's Anglican Church, Strathroy, Middlesex, Canada West (Ontario), Canada.
• Residence, 1878, Middlesex, Ontario, Canada.
• Residence, 1879, Perry Twp, Parry Sound, Ontario, Canada.
• Census, 1881, Perry Twp, Parry Sound, Ontario, Canada.
• Residence, 1888, Perry Twp, Parry Sound, Ontario, Canada.
• Census, 1891, Perry Twp, Parry Sound, Ontario, Canada.
• Census, 1901, McDonald District, Lansdowne, Manitoba, Canada.
James married Blanche Louisa Bray, daughter of William Charles Bray J.P., R.N. and Eliza Jane Lang, on 27 Oct 1864 in Napier, Middlesex Co., West Canada (Canada). (Blanche Louisa Bray was born on 5 May 1845 in Adelaide Twp, Middlesex, Canada West (Ontario), (Canada), christened on 25 May 1845 in Adelaide Twp, Middlesex, Canada West (Ontario), (Canada), died on 2 Apr 1934 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada and was buried on 4 Apr 1934 in Arden Cemetery, Neepawa, Arden, Manitoba, Canada.)