Thomas Plemons 1 2 3
- Born: 1760, Rowan, North Carolina, United States
- Marriage (1): Elizabeth Roberts in 1779 in Rowan, North Carolina, United States
- Died: 1851, Grape Creek, Cherokee, North Carolina, United States at age 91
- Buried: Murphy District, Cherokee, North Carolina, United States
From http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=calvin_dorris&id=I158 :
1784-1787, Granville County North Carolina, undesignated district, page 2,(probably ours)
Thomas Fleming 1 male 21-60, 2 males under 21 or over 60, 1 female
1790 census, Morgan District, Burke County North Carolina
Thomas Fleming 1 male over 16, 3 males under 16, 4 females
Thomas Pleman listed in 1793 Tax Captain Adams Company, Burke County North Carolina,
October 1795, Burke County North Carolina, Thomas listed as guardian of Robert Hailey
Tax records 1795 Burke County North Carolina, Thomas listed with 175 acres and 1 poll
1800 Census, Burke County North Carolina, page 780
Thomas Plimon, 2 males under 10, 2 males 16-26, 1 male 26-45, 1 female under 10, 1 female 10-16, 1 female 26-45
1810 Census, Buncombe County North Carolina, page 83
Thomas Pleming 2 males 10-16, 1 male over 45, 1 female under 10, 1 female over 45
1820 Census, Buncombe County North Carolina, page 70
Thomas Plemonds 1 male over 45, 1 female over 45
1830 Census, Macon County North Carolina, page 10
Thomas Pleming 1 male 70-80, 1 female 60-70
1840 Census, Macon County North Carolina, Thomas listed as male 70-80 in household of Jacob Plemons. Also shows Thomas to have served in Revolutionary War shown to be 80 years old.
Thomas Plemons died before 1850. His wife, Elizabeth, died before 1840.
Thomas and Elizabeth had at leat 9 children; 5 daughters and 4 sons. The four sons are John, Thomas, James and Jacob. Out of the five daughters only two have been identified. Jane and Marrah. Three more are yet to be identified. Two of these daughters were born in the early 1780's between 1780-1785. These two daughters were either married or had died by 1800. Another daughter was born between 1800-1805. She was married or had died by 1820.
May have died in Macon Co., North Carolina.
Noted events in his life were:
• Fought: in the American Revolutionary War. according to the 1840 census record, made when he was 80 years old.
• Residence, 1790, Burke Co., North Carolina, United States. in the Morganton District, near the South Fork of the Catawba River.
• Residence, 1807, Buncombe Co., North Carolina, United States.
• Census, 1840.
• Census, 1850, Gilmer, Georgia, United States.
Thomas married Elizabeth Roberts in 1779 in Rowan, North Carolina, United States. (Elizabeth Roberts was born about 1762 in <Rowan>, North Carolina, (United States) and died about 1839 in Macon, North Carolina, United States.)
Marriage may have taken place in 1777 in Virginia.