Stella Sybil Poapst 1
- Born: 6 Jun 1876, Lunenburg, Osnabruck Twp (South Stormont), Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry, Ontario, Canada
- Christened: 24 Oct 1883, Free Presbyterian Church, Lunenburg, Osnabruck Twp (South Stormont), Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry, Ontario, Canada 2
- Marriage (1): Guido Widmeyer on 7 Oct 1907 in Rolla, Rolette, North Dakota, United States
- Marriage (2): John M. Gray on 20 Sep 1938 in St. Paul's Manse, <Lunenburg>, Osnabruck Twp, Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry, Ontario, Canada
- Died: 1965 at age 89 3
- Buried: Willis Cemetery, [North] Lunenburg, Osnabruck Twp (South Stormont), Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry, Ontario, Canada
Other names for Stella were Stella Sybil Paupst and Stella Widmeyer.
A transcription of her baptismal record on FamilySearch has her birthdate as 05 Jun 1875.
Noted events in her life were:
• Immigrated, 1904, United States.
• Census: U.S, 1910, Rolla, Rolette, North Dakota, United States. 4 Guido Widmeyer, M, 50y, head of household, b. Canada c.1860, married, white, immigration 1885, parents b. Canada
Stella Widmeyer, F, 35y, wife, b. Canada c.1885, married, white, immigration 1903, parents b. Canada
Margaret A. Widmeyer, F, 3m, daughter, b. North Dakota c.1910, single, white, parents b. Canada
• Census: U.S, 1920, Rolette, North Dakota, United States. Guido Widmeyer, M, 59y, white, b. Ontario Canada c.1861, married, head of household
Stella Widmeyer, F, 44y, white, b. Ontario Canada c.1876, married, wife
Marguaret Widmeyer, F, 9y, white, b. North Dakota c.1911, single, daughter
Lucretio Widmeyer, F, 7y, white, b. North Dakota c.1913, single, daughter
• Census: U.S, 1930, Rolla, Rolette, North Dakota, United States. 5 Stella S Widmeyer, F, 54, widowed, white, b. Canada c. 1876, immigration 1904, head of household, parents b. Canada
Aurelia Widmeyer, daughter, F, 17, b. North Dakota c.1913, parents b. Canada
Ella Archibald, F, 23, single, white, b. Scotland c.1907, immigration 1912, lodger, parents b. Scotland
William L. Palm, M. 21, single, white, b. Minnesota c.1909, lodger, parents b. Norway
Joseph Fox, M, 30, single, white, b. Wisconsin c.1900, lodger, parents b. Maine
Stella married Guido Widmeyer on 7 Oct 1907 in Rolla, Rolette, North Dakota, United States. (Guido Widmeyer was born in 1860 in Canada West (Ontario), Canada, died in 1924 and was buried in Rolla Cemetery, Rolla, Rolette, North Dakota, United States.)
From Gord Adams on 27 Nov 2011:
Note: (1907) "The Rolla, N.D., Herald says:- ' Guido Widmeyer and Miss Stella Paupst, both of Rolla, were married at the residence of the bride's sister. Mrs. C. R. Gailfus, in this city, on Monday, Oct. 7, Rev. J. P. Schell performing the ceremony. The groom has been a resident of Rolette and Towner county for many years and is one of the most successful and respected business men of this city at the present time. He came to Towner county in 1885, and settled on a homestead in northern Towner county. For years he lived on and worked a farm of nine quarter sections at Picton, which he owned jointly with C. R. Gailfus. About two years ago they sold the farm, since which time he has made Rolla his home. He is now a member of the Rollette County Abstracting Company. The bride is a daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Ephriam Paupst of Lunenburg, Ont., and a sister of Mrs. J. E. Brown and Mrs. C. R. Gailfus. She has been a resident of Rolla for a number of years and was one of the most popular young ladies in the city. The groom was dressed in conventional black and the bride was dressed in a brown suesine silk jumper suit, over a blouse of cream embroidered chiffon. The wedding was performed at 9:30 in the morning and after a wedding breadfast the newly married couple went by automobile to Gronna, where they took the train for the Twin Cities for a wedding trip of two or three weeks.' The Freeholder joins the bride's many Stormont friends in extending congratulations to the happy couple, and wishes them a long and happy married life." 6
Stella next married John M. Gray on 20 Sep 1938 in St. Paul's Manse, <Lunenburg>, Osnabruck Twp, Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry, Ontario, Canada.
Announcement in local newspaper dated September 21, 1938:
Gray - Widmeyer
A wedding of much interest took place at St. Paul's Manse, on Tuesday afternoon, when Mrs. Stella Widmeyer, of North Dakota, daughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Ephraim Poapst, Northfield Station, was united in marriage to John M. Gray, son of the late Mr. and Mrs. Daniel Gray, North Lunenburg. The ceremony was performed by Rev. A. T. Halpenny, D.D. Mr. and Mrs. William H. Bush, sister and brother-in-law of the bride, acted as witnesses.
Following the ceremony, the young couple left on the afternoon train for eastern points. They will reside at the home of the groom, North Lunenburg.