Lena Margaret Johnson 1
- Born: 12 Apr 1874, Denmark
- Marriage (1): H. C. Hansen in Apr 1892 in Stewart, Nebraska, United States
- Died: 2 Nov 1934, <Corvallis>, Benton, Oregon, United States at age 60 2
- Buried: 5 Nov 1934, Odd Fellows Cemetery, <Corvallis>, Benton, Oregon, United States
Obituary Nov 1934, Oregon:
Mrs. Lena Johnson Hansen, wife of H. C. Hansen of Corvallis, Oregon, died Friday, November 2nd, at a hospital there following a short illness.
Mrs. Hansen was born in Denmark, April 12, 1874, and came to the United States with her parents in 1882, the family locating in Gibson City, Illinois. In 1889 she went with her people to live in Humboldt county, Iowa, and in 1891 to Stewart county, Nebraska, where she was married in April, 1892, to H. C. Hansen. In 1894 the couple moved back to Iowa and resided there until 1926 when they and their family moved to Corvallis.
She was the mother of seven children, six of whom survive with Mr. Hansen. They are John C. Hansen of Aberdeen, Wash; Mrs. Pearl Mill of Humboldt, Iowa; Mrs. Margaret Anderson of Thor, Iowa; Mrs. Laura Edge of Humbol.dt, Iowa; Harry S. Hansen of Iowa City, Iowa; and Mrs. Edna Jones of Corvallis, Oregon. One daughter, Mrs. Mae Underberg, died in 1924. Mrs. Hansen is also survived by ten grandchildren.
She was a member of the Baptist church at Humboldt and for a number of years was active in that denomination.
Funeral services were held on Monday afternoon, November 5th, at 1:30 o'clock in the First Baptist church of Corvallis, with the Rev. Mathews officiating. "Near My God to Thee" and "One Sweet Solumn Thought" were sung by Mr. Blacstone. Rev. Mathews recited part of "Crossing of the Bar." He said tht in the far-away land the sun was setting and he knew the thoughts of those who couldn't be with their dear mother were turning westward with the sun and he knew God's blessing would shine on them as brightly as the setting sun. The body was laid to rest at the Odd Fellows cemetery.--Conbtributed
Noted events in her life were:
• Emigrated: from Denmark to Gibson City, Illinois, 1882.
• Moved: from Illinois to Humbolt County, Iowa, 1889. with her family.
• Moved: from Iowa to Stewart County, Nebraska, 1891.
• Moved: back to Iowa from Nebraska, 1894.
• Census: U.S, 1910, Humboldt, Iowa, United States. A Caroline Johnson was living with her daughter Lena (Johnson) Hanson in Humboldt, Iowa, in 1910.
• Residence, 1910, Humboldt, Iowa, United States.
• Moved: from Iowa to Oregon, 1926, Corvallis, Benton, Oregon, United States.
Lena married H. C. Hansen in Apr 1892 in Stewart, Nebraska, United States.