Jens Christian Jensen
Another name for Jens was Jens Christian Jensen Ørsøe.
From Donald M. Johnson's letter 23 July 1972 to his sister Alice (Johnson) Hickerson:
Jens Chr. born the 11 apr., 1822, baptized at home the 12 Apr., son of Jens Jensen Fjelrad ejer (owner) of Kobber Vandmølle (Water-mill) and wife Johanne Marie Christensdatter, Ørsøe - Godfathers and - mothers: Anne Christensdatter Tveddegaard, Johanne Marie Poulsdatter, Ørsøe, Christen Mikkelsen, Store Fælden, Jens Christian Mikkelsens datter, Ørsøe og Knud Christensen, Ørsøe Mølle.
A translation of the death notice from his widow Ane Cathrine published in the Aalborg Stiftstidende on 24 and 25 February 1876:
It is the opinion of Finn H. Thomsen that Jens Christian was buried in the Hals Church cemetery.
Noted events in his life were:
• Census: Denmark, 18 Feb 1834, Dronninglund Sogn, (Hjørring), Nordjylland, Denmark. Household:
• Census: Denmark, 1840.
• Enlisted: Danish army, 11th Battalion, 1 Jun 1844, Denmark. 9 Participated in the 3. Years War between Germany and Denmark (1848-1850), where he was appointed to Under-Corporal.
• Named: Dannebrogsmand, 6 Oct 1850, Denmark. 10 Jens Chr. was appointed the 6. Oct. to "Dannebrogsmand" under his soldier-name "Jens Christian Ørsø" (Ørsø refers to his birthplace). The appointment was due to his participation in the 3-year war between Germany and Denmark over Schleswig-Holstein.
• House: Bought house No. 4 f, 11 Jun 1866, Hov (Hou), Hals Sogn, (Aalborg), Nordjylland, Denmark.
• Census: Denmark, 1 Feb 1860, <Asaa, Dronninglund Sogn>, (Broenderslev-Dronninglund), Nordjyllands, Denmark. 11 Household:
• Census: Denmark, 1 Feb 1850, Dorf, Dronninglund, Dronninglund, Hjørring, Nordjylland, Denmark. 12 Household:
• Bought: farm, land register 4F, from Ole Frederik Nielsen, 1 Mar 1867, Hou, Hals, Kær, Ålborg, Denmark. 13 The farm was subsequently sold to Jens Peter Sørensen Dal.
• Census: Denmark, Feb 1870, Hals, Kaer, Ålborg, Denmark. 14 Jens Christian Jensen, 48, married, house father, b. Dronninglund sogn, Hjørring amt.
Jens married Ane Cathrine Hansdatter, daughter of Hans Pedersen and Mette Kirstine Christensdatter, on 20 Jun 1851 in Dronninglund Kirke, Dronninglund, (Hjørring), Nordjylland, Denmark.1 (Ane Cathrine Hansdatter was born on 7 Jul 1831 in Høllet, Hals Sogn, Læso, Nordjylland, Denmark 15.)
Dronninglund Church (old castle church) records for 1851 contain: "Married on June 20, 1851, at three o'clock, the bachelor Jens Christian Jensen of Dorf, 29 years, and the girl, Ane Cathrine Hansdatter of Asaa, 21 years. Groomsmen: Lars Sorensen and Lars Peter Nielsen of Asaa." This record was found by Finn H. Thomsen (24 Sep 2017) and Donald M. Johnson (1972).
1 FamilySearch Historical Files (www.familysearch.org), "Denmark Marriages, 1635-1916," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FKQS-KX7 : 6 December 2014), Jens Christian Jensen and Ane Cathrine Hansdr, 20 May 1851; citing Dronninglund,Hjorring,Denmark, reference ; FHL microfilm 48,989.
2 Johnson, DeWayne B. and Lorna Wallace Johnson, Johnson/Wallace Family Tree.
3 Personal Documents, DeWayne B. Johnson family documents & photographs.
4 Personal Documents, Donald Johnson's letter 23 July 1972.
5 Correspondence, Letters and research notes of Finn H. Thomsen beginning 24 Sep 2017.
6 "Danish National Archive," database and images, Rigsarkivet (https://www.sa.dk/en/ : accessed 24 Oct 2017); Dronninglund Sogn, Kontraministerialbog, 1813 FD - 1829 FD, pg. 110 (1822); https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=161012#161012,27052592.
7 Correspondence, Finn H. Thomsen, from church records.
8 Correspondence, Hals Church records 1876-1883FKVD, bulletin 135 and reproduction of the death notice. Announcement and translation by Finn H. Thomsen.
9 Correspondence, Finn H. Thomsen, who researched Danish military records.
10 Correspondence, Finn H. Thomsen, from the Aalborg Stiftstidende on 15 Oct 1850.
11 FamilySearch Historical Files (www.familysearch.org), "Denmark Census, 1860," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QLDH-DSB6 : 30 August 2017), Jens Christian Jensen, Dronninglund, Dronninglund, Hjørring, Danmark; from "1860 Denmark Census," database and images, MyHerit.
12 "Danish National Archive," database and images, Rigsarkivet (https://www.sa.dk/en/ : accessed 24 Oct 2017); Hjørring, Dronninglund, Dronninglund, Dorf Skoledistrikt i Dronninglund, page 32, Banholt, 203, FT-1850, CO395; https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/en/billedviser?bsid=113705#113705,17259626.
13 Correspondence, Finn H. Thomsen.
14 FamilySearch Historical Files (www.familysearch.org), "Denmark Census, 1870," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QL8L-LTSY : 15 October 2017), Jens Christian Jensen, Hals, Kær, Ålborg, Danmark; from "1870 Denmark Census," database and images, MyHeritage ( https://www.
15 Correspondence, Research notes, probably from the Dronninglund Church records, provided by Finn H. Thomsen.