Captain Philemon Dorsey 1 2
- Born: 20 Jan 1715, Christ Church, Queen Caroline Parish, Anne Arundel, Maryland, (United States)
- Marriage (1): Catherine Ridgely on 19 Feb 1739 in Anne Arundel, Maryland, (United States)
- Marriage (2): Rachel Lawrence on 13 Dec 1759
- Died: 7 Apr 1772, "Brothers' Partnership", Anne Arundel, Maryland, (United States) at age 57
DORSEY, JOSHUA, Anne Arundel Co. 14 Nov, 1747 6 Feb, 1747
To wife Anne,250 A., my dwelling plantation called "Major's Choice.
To son HENRY DORSEY, my 2 tracts, one called "Dorsey's Anglis, 200 A., the other called Dorsey's Hills," 200 A., both tracts lying in the county.
To son PHILEMON DORSEY, 1/2 tract called Brothers' Partnership," taken up jointly bet. my bro. JOHN DORSEY, and myself, 632 A.
To son JOSHUA DORSEY, 250 A.
To son NICHOLAS DORSEY, tract 'Huntingstowne Quarters,' 266 A., original tract was some years ago resurveyed by my bro.-in-law HENRY RIDGEBY.
To dau. RACHEL WARFIELD, 20 s. sterl.
To dau . ELIZABETH DORSEY, 20 pounds.
To dau. ANNE DORSEY, slaves.
To dau. SARAH DORSEY, 1 slave.
To son CHARLES DORSEY, my dwelling plantation and 250 A.
Mentions his young. child., and to support NICHOLAS and CHARLES with provision at their own stock.
Wife and 2 eld. sons, exs.
Wit: Henry Ridgely, Basil Dorsey, Richard Simpson, Elizabeth Ridgely, Ephraim Howard, Henry Howard. 25. 315 - 318
May have been born on 10 January 1714/15.
Noted events in his life were:
• Will, 1 Dec 1771.
• Probate: of his estate, 7 Apr 1772, Anne Arundel, Maryland, (United States).
Philemon married Catherine Ridgely, daughter of Henry Ridgely III and Elizabeth Warfield, on 19 Feb 1739 in Anne Arundel, Maryland, (United States). (Catherine Ridgely was born on 14 Nov 1723 and died before 1759.)
Philemon next married Rachel Lawrence, daughter of Levin Lawrence and Susannah Dorsey, on 13 Dec 1759. (Rachel Lawrence was born on 3 May 1739.)