Martha Downey 1 2
- Born: Abt 1830, <Londonderry>, Ireland
- Marriage (1): John Burrows in 1854 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
- Died: 5 Jul 1912, <Illinois>, United States about age 82
- Buried: Oak Ridge Cemetery, Mercer, Illinois, United States
"Martha Downey emigrated from Ireland to the United States in 1850 at the age of 19 according to the 1900 census. She met her future husband, John Burrows, while working as a house maid for the Weyerhauser lumber people. They were married in Philadelphia in 1854."
There are at least two individuals with the surname Downey in the Oak Ridge Cemetery (Mercer County, Illinois, who may be Martha's siblings. Possibilities include:
Andrew Downey b. March 1828, County Donegal, Ireland; d. 22 Dec. 1890 Illinois.
John Downey b. 17 Dec. 1836, Ireland; d. 4 Nov 1889, Illinois.
Noted events in her life were:
• Census, 7 Jun 1870, Duncan, Mercer, Illinois, United States.
Martha married John Burrows in 1854 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States. (John Burrows was born about 1829 in <Ireland or Scotland>, died on 12 Dec 1877 in <Illinois>, United States and was buried in Oak Ridge Cemetery, Mercer, Illinois, United States.)